Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Cool

They
Thought it was cool to burn crosses in your front lawn
as they hung you from trees in your back yard
They thought it was cool to leave you
Thirsty and stranded
Katrina
He thought it was cool to carry a gun
in his classroom
and open fire
Virgina Tech, Columbine
Stop the Violence.
They thought it was cool to tear down the projects
and put up million dollar condos
Gentrification.
They think its cool to stand on the block
hiding product in their socks
making quick dime bag dollars
They think its cool to ride down on you
in blue and white and unmarked cars
busting you upside your head.
Freeze,
Because the problem is WE think its COOL too
Check your ingredients
before you overdose.
on The COOL.
_Baba's COOL for Thought_

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Some lyrics tossing around my head for this track
I'm trynna make progress on called "Drag"

Thinking you can't drag a man to a destiny
can't drag a dream into reality
said the boy who's grandpa rode the road on his back
and I came this far on sheets, So I go back...
no never, so I flow so clever
trynna go, grow better
So every single letter, hope my homie try to one better
trynna 1-up and give life to it
if not...the writers block left, i guess i'll write through it
RYU it, like..you know Street Fight throught it
recognize that theres a sweet plight to it
struggle is the road to profit right? sound Jewish
See, I've seen too much to sound foolish
So I shall not Drag-on, just try to speech fire
drown the things I'm dragging 'til I'm many leagues higher
And my Mini-me's got the tendacies to be
what I once wished of me and we...
see we tend to try to drag-up
and it drags us down...
So the only thing I try to drag is me now.
...
_eMCee

No comments: