Friday, March 28, 2008

My Friend Tracy

My friend Tracy and I had this much needed conversation about respect(see: respect in relationships; previous blog). I told her about this experience that I'd had with one of my closest high school friends, and how I had to have respect for his priorities. He joined a fraternity, and although it caused tension in our relationship, and our relationship isn't the same to this day, I had to have respect for his aspirations. To a certain extent that just meant stop bitching about our friendship not being what it used to be. But this wasn't a very big deal. I just had to come to terms with the fact that I existed as a part of his 'old' family, and his 'new' family was top priority now.

But a lot of times I feel like those things are lost, sometimes you just have to honestly respect someones wishes, because its just selfishness that drives you to stop a person from doing what they aspire to do, in order to exist with you. Of course any type of relationship needs a certain level of balance, thats something to keep in mind as well. But recognition of someones priorities is a vital part of that. But on the other end there's sacrifice, but thats another blog all together.
So the words of the day are, respect for peoples priorities.
_mC

These words were brought to you be Dreams.
Photobucket

No comments: